For coffee lovers during this quarantine period, Dalgona Coffee is a must-try. In early 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic, a new trend started oscillating the internet. Within 2 days it was in the trending list. This blog is all about this interesting coffee. What does Dalgona mean? From where is the Dalgona Coffee? What ingredients are required? What is the method of making it?
Meaning Of Dalgona:
Dalgona is a Korean Toffee which is made with sugar and a pinch of baking soda. When mixed perfectly the result is in the form of sugar puff up. Once cooled, it becomes a smooth frothy mixture.
Origin of Dalgona Coffee:
Dalgona Coffee originated from India, Pakistan and Macau. It is also known as whipped or beaten coffee. It started trending when it was first appeared in the Korean TV Show called Pyunstorang in January.
Ingredients Check list:
- Any Instant Coffee
- Sugar (According to your taste )
- Hot Water
- Ice Cubes
For Garnishing (Optional):
- Crushed Oreos
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
Process of Making Dalgona Coffee:
Before preceding one thing you need to know is that Dalgona Coffee is bittersweet so it might not satisfy sweet teeth people’s cravings. So let’s start with the process step by step.
- Take a small bowl, must be hollow inside so you can easily beat the mixture.
- Put 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- Put 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot water
- Take a whisk and started whisking the mixture (If coffee beater isn’t available)
- You have to be patient while using a whisk because your hands might start hurting and this process take 15 good minutes.
- After 8-9 minutes the mixture start turning into a dark chocolaty color.
- Finally after 6 minutes the mixture will turn into frothy light brown color.
- Pure cold milk in the jar.
- Add ice cubes into it.
- Take 2 spoons from the mixture and add them into the milk.
- Mix the mixture with milk perfectly.
- Add any garnish on the top.
Thankful to the internet when it comes to interesting recipes, it is a wide place to enter in. Rather than buying expensive coffee from restaurant one should try this at least for once. So the end result is something like this.
Picture Perfect Dalgona Coffee for you. Give it a try now.
For more contact us.