Steps towards a healthy life:
A healthy diet is the most important thing for the health of a person. However, there are many other factors that contribute to a person’s health. All those full factors will be discussed in this blog.
APPROACH TO A HEALTHY LIFE:
Factors that affect our health are as follows:
- Activity level
- Mental health
DIET (Healthy Life)
Healthy eating for a healthy weight:
A healthy diet combined with some physical activity can help you reach your target weight. A healthy diet consists of every food group that is proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fruits and nuts, dairy, and vegetables.
The first and the most important thing about getting good nutrition is to take it within your daily calorie needs. Exceeding those calories might cause you to gain weight and taking less than that may result in loss of weight.
A healthy weight loss is not just about giving up on your favorite junk or doing a regular workout, it’s about changing your lifestyle. Eating in a calorie deficit results in weight loss However you shouldn’t cut out the primary food groups that are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Improving our eating habits:
- Replace your unhealthy eating habits with healthier ones.
- Try to drink more water.
- Give up on oily and fried items, instead of air fry them or search for other alternates.
- Take more vegetables and fruits as they are high in fiber.
- Take things that boost your metabolism.
- Eat slowly and chew more, by this you’ll end up eating less.
Activity level (Healthy Life)
Physical exercises affect our health and mood positively. There are several ways apart from exercises that could help you in staying active. Following are some of them:
- Take the stairs instead of elevators.
- Go by walk instead of car.
- Try riding a bicycle.
- Indulge yourself in some kind of sport.
- Try swimming on weekends.
Physical activity reduces the risk of various diseases in an individual. A person whose physically active is more likely to function well, has a better decision-making ability and is sharper than others.
Mental health (Healthy Life)
Diet also impacts the mental health of a person. This is also called the food-mood connection. Some studies show, that people who take an unhealthy diet are more likely to experience depression. Apparently, there is some association between certain nutrients and emotional well-being.
Smoking (Healthy Life)
According to the statistics, every year around 80,000 dies in England due to smoking.
A cigarette contains tobacco, nicotine, tar and chemical additives. Nicotine is an addictive component. If a person could see how much damage smoking does, he would stop.
When a person smokes, poison from the tar enters the blood stream and makes it thick, Continuous smoking causes the formation of blood clots hence giving birth to various diseases in the body.
Adverse effects of smoking:
- People who smoke have a greater chance of stroke.
- They have an increases risk of coronary disease, heart attack etc.
- Lungs are badly affected by smoking. Asthma, coughing, wheezing are initial diseases caused by smoking. However, it may lead to pneumonia as well.
- Smokers have an increased chance of getting ulcers.
- Smoking also increases blood pressure and heart rate.
Also give a try to these awesome write ups :